Set patient expectations for therapy and proactively manage side effects1,2
Setting patient expectations for adverse events with Orenitram and developing a management plan to mitigate their effects may help patients stay with therapy1,2
- Strategies to help patients manage adverse events and achieve a higher maximum dose2,3
- Take Orenitram with food
- Reduce dosage
- Slowing titration
- Proactive use of adjunctive pharmacotherapy
Delphi Consensus Recommendations for Select Adverse Events Management2*
Recommendations to aid in side effect management were assembled using the Delphi process, a structured communication technique that gathered information from a panel of respondents with expertise using Orenitram (N=11). In this independent analysis, the Delphi process was used to investigate best practices used by panelists for side effect management in patients treated with Orenitram. Survey participants were from 11 centers and had a total experience of 206 patients.2
- Consensus recommendations state that reassurance will suffice for flushing or jaw pain.2
- Separate prescription required.
- Only recommended in severe cases.
Side effect management strategies should be dealt with in accordance with the Orenitram Full Prescribing Information and your clinical judgment